Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brand new shoes- too tight?

R came home from school on the second day complaining that his shoes were too tight. After a second or two of worrying, I decided it must be because Sketchers tend to fit a little smaller and I should have R wear a pair of his E's socks (girl socks are thinner).

When he continued to complain on the third day I began to panic. Would we have to buy new shoes? Would he understand if I couldn't afford the same $50 ones that nanny bought? I decided to try and stretch them out by shoving baby brother's shoe inside. At the end of the night, I took J's shoe out, and thought I noticed a little stretching. Hopefully it would be enough. Before I put them away, I shook the sand out. Not sure if I had gotten all of it, I put my hand inside....No wonder his shoe felt too tight, there was a sock shoved way up in the toe.

Needless to say, no complaints at the end of the fourth day.

No comments: