Saturday, September 6, 2008

We always knew she was smart

but sometimes it still amazes me how bright E is. We received a note from her teacher today that she will be in a reading group all by herself. Her teacher told us this may be the case, but she couldn't be sure until she tested all of the kids. Although I didn't think it would be a problem, I asked E if it would be okay if she was in a reading group with just the teacher. Of course she had no problems with this, she loves her teacher and has always enjoyed interacting with adults (more attention for her). I can't wait to see what kind of progress she makes. She already knows well over 100 site words and can read basic stuff with just me as her teacher (and believe me, I haven't put very much time into it- since R and J don't allow it). Imagine what she can do with a real reading teacher.

No comments: